View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 01:47 PM   #60 (permalink)
Rid3_FaM0uS
Track Member

Drives: 2011 BS Nismo 370z
Rid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond reputeRid3_FaM0uS has a reputation beyond repute

well I should have SOME sort of results for you guys this Tuesday. right now our main concern is fueling for the car. after doing some Bernoulli's math on the single 485 it shows on paper to only be good for about 720whp on ethanol, so to combat it I installed an "inline" 255 to bring me up to (theoretically) 177gph of fuel delivery. Herein lies the catch though; there is question as to whether I only merely created a bottleneck in the system by doing so. Once again "theoretically" it should work because were not talking about check valve pumps here our fuel pumps are centrifugal in operation and always pumping. the idea is that both pumps will "piggyback" one another to supply the fuel necessary to reach our hp goal here, but everyone I have spoken with is really unsure what the outcome will be because no one has tested it. Everyone just does a dual or triple in tank setup and calls it a day.

So, I guess what I'm getting at here guys is results could be as expected, but on the flip side they could be disheartening; I really don't know what to expect at this point. Without knowing anyone to turn to whom has real world experience with this I am just kind of playing the waiting game. I have left a lot of the trials and tribulations of the turbo kit part out at the moment, but lets just say: as stubborn as this build has been I'm preparing for the worst. if it does end up becoming a bottle neck though I can say that I will replace the section of fuel line that was removed and just tune to 700 wheel on e85 following which I will be calling Charles to get a twin in tank pump built up which I have no question will meet/surpass any needs I have for power goals out of this car. I'm afraid if I push any more than 850 the car might as well just be a damn dyno queen.