View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 07:01 AM   #350 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djair1987 View Post
I was just wondering if there is a risk of the stering wheel lock will get engaged while you are driving... I currently have my car at the dealer and they are waiting for my response tomorrow if I'm going to pay 1200.
I haven't seen any reports of an ESCL engaging while the car is in motion. IIRC, the car looks at the ESCL only during starting and will not shut off the car if it moves out of position when running. YMMV

If you pull the fuse (or cut the wire), the motor that locks the steering wheel is disabled and will not turn at all.

If you have the ability/tools, you may be able to disassemble the ESCL and physically set it to the unlocked position. Then just pull the fuse and you are good to go.

See link in my sig for more info.