View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 09:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
scorp38
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z 6mt
scorp38 has much to be proud ofscorp38 has much to be proud ofscorp38 has much to be proud ofscorp38 has much to be proud ofscorp38 has much to be proud ofscorp38 has much to be proud ofscorp38 has much to be proud ofscorp38 has much to be proud ofscorp38 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Ninja View Post
I'm having the clear bra installed today, won't get the car back until tomorrow. I definitely believe it's worth doing as soon as you can. If you talk to any paint guy, repainting the bumper is not worth the effort. Depending on how old the car is, they always have trouble with blending the paint with the rest of the car so it looks good.

I had a 2008 350Z for a while and the front bumper was a mess with rock chips, so was part of the hood. The body shops I talked to said it would be hard to match the new paint with the rest of the car and it might look odd. Rear bumper also had some scratches due to backing into someone, you could see the license plate frame in the bumper.

Kind of one the reasons I decided to get a new Z, so I didn't have the previous owners mistakes all over the bumpers and the big scratch that was near the door handle. There was also curb rash on one of the wheels, and the front bumper took a hit on the curb itself. Other than that, it was sweet car with only 45,000 miles on it.
Black is pretty easy to color match. But yeah clear bra is a good idea I wish previous owner of my car believed that.