View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 08:40 PM   #22 (permalink)
nvdave04
Base Member

Drives: 2013 370z base
nvdave04 has much to be proud ofnvdave04 has much to be proud ofnvdave04 has much to be proud ofnvdave04 has much to be proud ofnvdave04 has much to be proud ofnvdave04 has much to be proud ofnvdave04 has much to be proud ofnvdave04 has much to be proud ofnvdave04 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterbeatty View Post
To me it sounds like a broken restrictor plate inside the muffler. If it was something more upstream like a gasket it wouldnt rattle like that it seems lighter.

Op can you post up a start up and light revs when the piping is hot?
After removing all heat shields and checking all bolts the guy at the shop said the same thing - it has to be the nismo muffler - a chamber inside is messed up and only hear it at low load- but when under the car on the lift I hear all the noise coming from the middle of the car near the xpipe- *no touching of crossmember either.. So I took his advice ordered the topspeed axleback and I'm most likely going to add 2 packed 12 inch resonators.. Fingers crossed I can get rid of this embarrassing honda civic/tin can sound.. Today I almost parked my car it's so embarrassing..
nvdave04 is offline   Reply With Quote