View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 09:45 AM   #108 (permalink)
KratikosG37
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 TT Wrapped G37
KratikosG37 will become famous soon enoughKratikosG37 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KratikosG37 View Post
Yep with a N/A build you're powerband is crazy good. Probably feels like 500whp with that tack slinging 8k RPM.

Yes and no. If you're full throttle you will blow all 3 gears with normal street tires.

I for one can get traction peddleing 1st and 2nd gear catching at the end around50ish MPH. Just my experince.

10psi 480whp/450wtq is the perfect street use power. Just enough to run decent 11's with good driver or enough to blow the doors off a C7 on a 40 to 120mph pull.

It's your build, your goals. VQ37HR don't need to be built.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBRSpeedWorks View Post
i guess your tires suck then cuz the ones that i have hold mine just fine and i run the piss out of it everyday....today on the way home i was running 13psi and did a pull against my wife in my talon and still didnt blow off the tires (after tires are warm) and went from 30 to 170 no spins...My uncle is one of the owners of jegs and when i was younger i raced legend cars..we only did 4 to 8 races a year.i always said it had to much power...he said no car has to much power it just means your driving skill has to improve....he would always say control the car dont react to the car...is what i'm trying to say is we r not in a honda you dont just slam it to the floor and hope it goes where yu want...
I'm running normal 245/19 street tries that are 10.5 inches wide. At 13 PSI you're applying 550 to 600whp.
A) You're either running slicks or very warm drag radials
B) Have VDC on
C) Roll throttling letting off before you spin

Either way @ 13 PSI 0 spin at 30 to 170 is great, but I was implying 0 to 50mph which is something total different. If you can do a 1.6 60ft 0 spinning then post a video and teach me the ways O great one. If you can't then your statement is total irravanlent no offensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
Eh to each his own i would rather have a car that can easily hook up what it has than one i have to contantly hold back. A 450hp z runs mid to low 12's a 700hp z runs low 12's. Up to 125mph its the same ****. One is just a lot easier to drive.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
If you're compaing drag its all about the 60ft. You can obtain faster times with a lower trap great 60ft v.s. bad 60 foot but high trap. Just means your HP is doing the work over the lack of driving.

Everyone here i'm sure is a great driver and im the last person to give advice. Just pointing out facts. At 0ft i'm spinning, not by much cause im peddleing or roll throttling but still spinning. Anyone that can 0 spin in our cars using normal street tires you're 60ft is poo or you're a awsome driver.

Personally, like a said before. 10 to 11ish PSI 480whp/450wtq is perfect for the street.