View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 07:45 AM   #102 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
didnt they blow up that COSMO guys engine too or was that a different shop? cant remember.
No. COSMO's engine let go on the Z1 dyno when it was getting tuned. If I knock off some college bong resin I pretty sure COSMO's problem was improperly setting up his boost controller and seeing what the EBC told him was something over 30psi. That's not possible with his setup but still something way over what a stock block should hold. Pretty sure he finally got it right but I think the damage has been done and the dyno took its toll.

They did some what I would consider dumb stuff with COSMO's built engine but they are not responsible for his motor letting go. The jury is still out on the built motor but it seems to be holding together.

jwick is offline   Reply With Quote