View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 01:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
radensb
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z GM M6
radensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
I'm not sure why you keep arguing. You can try and rationalize things, but at the end of the day you aren't the first person to have your problem. Guess what ended up being the issue for all those other people? The answer has been given to you several times in this thread alone, not to mention the thousands of similar posts on this forum.
Dealerships must love you. Lets just replace things without truly understanding what is wrong. I'm not arguing because I am not open to the possibility that the parts are failing again. I am pointing out the inconsistencies in the suggestions and my symptoms. Inconsistencies that no one has yet to actually explain. This is how you explore possible causes and discover solutions. I don't want to just fix this, I want to understand exactly what is happening in MY situation that coincide with the contradicting symptoms that I have. Do you know what else happened to all those people that got their master and slaves replaced and had their issue resolved? They all got new fluid too. Are you going to tell me that there is no way that couldn't have been the problem all along?

Here are the facts for my situation:
  • No Fluid Loss
  • Pressure only decreases after long periods of not shifting and while the car is driving. If it sits in the garage all night, it is still fine the next morning.
  • Pumping the peddle after not shifting for a while returns pressure and pressure is consistent with regular usage in city driving.
  • Flushing the fluid corrected an un-drivable situation already for months of regular/daily use and before that situation was corrected, the issue was relieved after only seconds of stopping and starting the engine.

If the system was leaking, I would be loosing fluid and a fluid flush would not 100% correct the problem for months and the actions that were taken to relieve the previous issues have no influence on the parts. This is why I am leaning on issues not related to the parts them self.

When people replace the CSC with an aftermarket, are ALL clutch issues resolved permanently? Are they replacing the master with an aftermarket too? Are they still using GT-R or equivalent fluids?
radensb is offline   Reply With Quote