View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 12:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
jaytirbhaw
Track Member

Drives: 350z HR , Nismo 370z
jaytirbhaw has a spectacular aura aboutjaytirbhaw has a spectacular aura aboutjaytirbhaw has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by radensb View Post
If it is the most discussed topic here, then there should be a better answer to exactly what is happening. While I agree that aftermarket is the way to go, there is no way consumers would tolerate a $1500 - $3000 repair every 6 months and that leads be to believe that there is another issue here.

A failing CSC would not suddenly work as normal for months of driving with just a fluid flush. Failed seals, as you suggested, means leaking. I don't have this and no fluid is leaving the system. This means one of two things.
  1. Fluid is going somewhere else when I press the clutch (not sure how that could be possible, where would it go and how would it get back into the reservoir?)
  2. It is breaking down and boiling allowing for comprehensibility.
When I flushed the fluid 3 months ago, with the exact same symptoms, the problem was gone. If the CSC was failing, that would not be the case.

Is everyone here with an OEM CSC getting it replaced every 6 months?
not every 6 months, but I would venture to say everyone that drives their Z regularly WILL have the OEM CSC fail eventually, so it won't hurt to replace it while you're ahead of it happening.

If it is just your master failing, you'd still want to replace both, saves the headache
jaytirbhaw is offline   Reply With Quote