View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 09:20 AM   #65 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry just re-chiming in here. I have never tuned off pump. Always E.

That max psi is situational. The #'s may be off. That's why when I stated "I may be off here but I cant see this turbo hitting more than 21", was due to the condition of my readings.

Basically, I only had that turbo spooled up like that for a short amount of time. I never even hit 5250 to cross the two line curves. As you can see though, the torque does flatten out and the boost wasn't appearing to climb much at that point.

This reading happened because I was told incorrectly by everyone and their dog how to hook up my dual wastegates to a MBC. Everyone was wrong so my turbo basically was unrestricted and spooled as much as possible. I of course figured out how to hook it up correctly and then made 533whp 480tq on 10psi (converted to DJ).

Converting the 570 to DJ would be more like 655tq. No idea what my HP would have been but it would be over 700 for sure.

We never got to play with timing or anything cuz we couldn't run that amount of boost to map it correctly on the stock block. But I can tell you that this turbo means business! Hearing it spool at that psi was insane. Cant wait to see what it can do with a proper engine and tune.

Last edited by TopgunZ; 11-04-2014 at 09:26 AM.
TopgunZ is offline   Reply With Quote