Thread: Best Suspension
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 03:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
M.Bonanni
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Fast
M.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to M.Bonanni

Well your main benchmark companies for street/track combo performance are going to be BC Racing, KW Suspension, Stance, Tien, HKS.

BC Racing is in my opinion, the best bang for the buck for a street/track coilover. Some people give them a bad rap because they aren't as expensive as others, but from first hand experience I think they are excellent. I have run other people's 350Zs on the track with them, I have them on my personal Evo IX, will be running them on my 350Z time attack car, and will probably be my choice for the 370Z. They have all of the features of the more expensive coilovers like ride height adjustment separate from pre-load, 30 levels of compression/rebound adjustment (that actually make a difference), brackets for your brake lines, and even custom spring rates if needed. Their flagship coilovers (BR Type) go for $999.

KW Suspension is a lot of people's favorite because they have built a good reputation for their stuff. They are great coilovers, but they will come in around the low $2k range most likely for their Variant 3, which is the most popular. If you're willing to spend the money, then these are a good bet, but to be quite honest, I think for your needs there are better bang for your buck systems out there.

Stance is kind of in between the KW and BC. I have used Stance coilovers for the past three years on my time attack 350Z with no complaints. They have a lot of the same great features the others do and their flagship coilover, the GR+ will probably come in around $1200.

Tien is a big name, but I have to be honest, I have never liked any product I have had of theirs. I had their Flex coilovers years ago on my 350Z and have also had just their lowering springs on my old G35 and didn't like either. The Tien Flex's come in around $2k for their 350Z application, I am sure it will be similar for their 370Z stuff.

HKS is another big name, and from what I have heard, their coilovers are also pretty good. I personally have never tried any of their coilovers, so I don't really have an opinion on them, but thier pricing is around the $1900 range for their Hypermax III coilover.

Again, none of these have hit the states yet though. BC Racing 370Z coilovers are hopefully only a few weeks away from being released, KW is saying another month before theirs are out, HKS already has theirs done in Japan but haven't gotten to the US yet, and last I checked a few weeks ago Tien and Stance hadn't started development yet.
Function > Form
M.Bonanni is offline   Reply With Quote