Thread: z or vette
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 09:45 PM   #295 (permalink)
MJB
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a POS truck
MJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdDanZ View Post
Here is my take. I tested a C6 2006 Corvette Targa auto because it was priced at $21K. The interior was cheap & flat, it was like an old 80's GM. I tried using the paddle shifters and the thing wouldn't downshift, finally did. When it downshifted, I heard a loud clink. It didn't have the rpm's for paddles, & accelerated off its axis - up before forward. The gauges were like an old Apple computer from the 80's & the auto shifter was really ugly & outdated. The seats weren't comfortable & it didn't city rally like a daily. It had rust spots from the vent systems & the engine compartment looked stripped, no cross bar, or descent engine cover, no compartments for fluids. The buttons were over-sized & the electrical ergonomics & switches were misplaced. I liked the acceleration but that was it. I didn't feel comfortable or safe in it. The Vette is on the least reliable car list & I have owned Vettes before - expect early failures throughout. The Z has been my car of choice & that was the last Vette I ever owned. For the life of me, I tried keeping her, but the thing wouldn't make a trip from Texas to out of Texas. Why I never returned to Trans Am either & now Pontiac is gone. I will not return to a Vette; a Z or 911 is what I am in-to now.
The OP was asking about a C7, not a nearly 10 year old C6. Besides, he never even responded to this stupid thread so I think its safe to let this one die out already.
09 Nismo #0483 sold. Viper or C7 next time around.
MJB is offline   Reply With Quote