Thread: Traded '09 370Z
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 07:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Zxces50
Base Member

Drives: 15 C7 Stingray Z51
Zxces50 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
Awesome looking C7. So, whats your impressions so far?
I've only had the Vette a couple weeks and 300 miles. Break-in limits 4K RPM and I follow the rules as I keep my cars for many years but with that said
;

I am very impressed with the technology and various driver settings- 5 track settings alone that vary 12 different parameters. I do NOT mind driver aids as tracking is a weekend thing and I am not trying to get to be pro racer- just have some fun at speed. I have not gotten into the throttle but this is a quick car- with about 2x the torque of the 370Z and same or less # I do not think they will compare in acceleration. The adjustable magnetic shocks and quiet/loud exhaust feature is great- just out for a Sunday ride Touring mode is quiet and smooth but turn to Sport and shocks stiffen up and gets loud...it is nice to match your mood.

I love the changeable monitors that display all your gauges- tons of options on what you want to see- oil temp, oil pressure, elsd temperature, tire temp & pressure. The color heads up display appears to be out in front of front bumper visually and you can display various items- simple speed only or tach only or combos including navigation etc.

Also have the built in GoPro with performance data recorder with analytics- I do about 5 track events a season so I wanted this feature.

Interior quality is great- seats have lot of adjustability including adjustable bolsters to get snug fit. I got the transparent carbon fiber roof which is pretty neat looking from the inside.

I don't have that damn blind spot pulling out onto roads at an angle- I can see out the rear side window on the Vette- No matter what I always tried to square up the Z when entering a road so I could see what was coming.

I got a lot of looks with the Z and positive comments at stop lights and parking lots all 6 years up until the very end- I think the C7 ups that response - people get real excited about the C7.

Miss the Z- enjoyed 6 good years- it was fun to drive. The C7 is a bigger toy with a few more bells & whistle's
Zxces50 is offline   Reply With Quote