View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 03:12 PM   #106 (permalink)
Digital neOn
Base Member

Drives: Camry...sadly
Digital neOn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbreath View Post

It seems that even Nissan has forgotten about the car which also adds to the flame. Look at the FRS/BRZ. The marketing on that car has teenagers/young adults believing its the best car under a million dollars. Most magazine articles, blogs, big name video reviews swing on the testicles (or lack there of) of this car like Tarzan. When was the last time you saw a Z commercial? The last time I saw one wasn't even a Z commercial. It was a guy stretching his Z into a Maxima. It has also had very minor "updates".

Very true. Scion as well as Subaru have strong marketing and large numbers of followers. I said it before, i think the BRZ/FRS is a good car but at the same time i think it is a gimmick, kind of a trend or fab. Sure a lot of car enthusiasts buy the FRS/BRZ and like it for the fun factor but at the same time a lot of youngsters also buy the car. I have a strong suspicion that many BRZ/FRS owners do not know much about the car they purchased, no i know that for a fact after going over and visiting their forum and speaking to actual owners.

BRZ/FRS owners seem out of touch with reality. They speak about their BRZ's and FRS's as the finest handling cars in the world. Others actually think that they have a fast car or by dropping a few hundred pounds that they will magically be running high 13 second 1/4s.

Honestly that was one turn off for me, i did not want to be associated with people that wear backwards baseball caps and have a vocabulary that consists of 'yo dawg' and 'that's hella tight'.