View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 09:51 AM   #75 (permalink)
Duc_Z09
Track Member

Drives: With the blinker on.
Duc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnav View Post
I actually do like the Nismo, I think the body and the wheels really make the car, but the interior is from the base model, which was the only reason I did not get it. However, the Nismo is always slower for some reason than the base model tested prior (I am talking track, acceleration, etc), Nissan always makes the Nismo slower, it's the most insane thing.
IMO it should have been a factory TT car, not just a base/sport with a cool body kit, exhaust and tune. I'll be the first to admit that it's overpriced for what you get... however in my case I was buying used and all bets were off so I went with it.

As far as it being slower, that's weird but I've seen that on some tests. Theoretically it's got a little extra power due to the tune, but probably not enough to make any realistic difference. Maybe being lower and stiffer makes it not hook up as well as the regular 370? Are there extra chassis bits that add weight?
2009 370z #206 (all mods are Home Depot)
2009 Ducati 848 (full Ohlins, Termignoni, etc)
2003 Grand Cherokee (long arms, big tires, 4.56, lockers)