View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 09:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bao Tran
Base Member

Drives: 370z
Bao Tran is on a distinguished road
Default HELP!! One side Stock Cats and One side aftermarket Cats. Help!

Hello 370z members,

Last night, I decided to install my resonated test pipes. Everything went smooth until I got to the last TOP DEMON BOLT on the driver side, but is stripped.. unless I could somehow manage to put the socket Flat into the bolt and screw it out, but then with the long extension, it always flexes and push the socket out of the bolt position. After spending 4 hours on that one single BOLT, I decided to put everything back on the driver side and bring it to the shop, and just install the test pipes on my passenger since everything is out already. My passenger catalyst is shot the O2 Sensor bung got stuck on the O2 sensor while I was taking it out. So my problem is Driver side has stock Cats. And my Passenger side has Resonated Test Pipes. Is it okay for me to drive about 200 miles like that? The 370z is my only car and I need to get to work/school. Both of my O2 sensors are not on the car right now, I'm currently using the bolt that came with the test pipes to cover up the O2 Sensor hole.

Thank you in advance!

PS: installing test pipe is an easy task, it's just one stupid bolt with no room to work with!
Bao Tran is offline   Reply With Quote