View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 01:26 PM   #52 (permalink)
MJB
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a POS truck
MJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp38 View Post
Yesir airbags are super expensive to replace its usually anywhere from 1k 5k a pop with installation and being done by somebody who knows what they're doing. You have to replace not only the bag itself but the entire airbag computer system and sensors. That's why it is so expensive.
I took out the airbags in my Z, I don't know what is so tough about it, they are just plug n play . And the airbag module is under the center console area, also not hard to replace.

But yea, that's a big misconception, the whole thing about airbags being deployed means the car is totaled. That is so not true. It doesn't take much damage for them to go off. An insurance company isn't going to total a car and eat 50k dollars when there was only 10k in damages, just because airbags are deployed.
09 Nismo #0483 sold. Viper or C7 next time around.
MJB is offline   Reply With Quote