View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 07:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
dpfirst50
Base Member

Drives: 13 370z Roadster
dpfirst50 is on a distinguished road
Default 13 370z Roadster with multiple top problems

Bought new '13 Roadster on Jun 1st '14, In August Plastic Pieces started to stick out of the side of the top new the window at the 2nd bow. Went to dealer, they scratched their head, called the local top shop for advice. New top ordered cuz the parts came unglued from fabric. 1 week later took Z back to dealer,4 days later not only was the top cover replaced but the complete headliner cuz it was cracked on the inside and the elastic tension straps. Took car back home, told to not drop the top for 7 days. On the 8th day dropped the top took the Z for a spin. After we got back started to put the top back up when heard a snap and then a rip. number 3 bow had snapped at the pivot point and tore thru the top. Also the lower window seal and weather strip that goes along the back of top fell off along with it's retainer clips. New top cover ordered along with window seals and clips. Back to dealer for 4 more days at the dealer, all of the parts installed. After another 7 days of not being able to put the top down, dropped the top to go for a spin. Upon return, as I was raising the top my wife noticed a split in the window/ weather strip. You guessed it back to dealer for another window/weather strip to be ordered. I have since started a Lemon Law case to have Nissan buy back the car. wish me luck
dpfirst50 is offline   Reply With Quote