View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 11:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
ghotnit
Base Member

Drives: '14 Nismo 370z
ghotnit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Hi guys,

After reading through countless threads/polls on tires here, I think I'm actually more confused than when I started.

I just stored my car for the winter and am going to need new rear tires when she wakes up in the spring. I figured now might be a better time to buy since it's the off-season, at least up here anyway.

From what I've gathered, I need to suck it up and get over the fact the fronts are still perfectly usuable and buy a matching set of 4. So, I've got that figured out at least.

I drive mostly on the street with about 3-4 trips a year to the drag strip. I would like to try autocross a couple times next year with maybe more in the future. Money is a factor but not the deciding factor. A couple hundred extra isn't a big deal, but an extra grand is.

Everyone recommends the RE11 highly, but some threads say its outdated and has been surpassed. There are threads praising the S04, PSS, V12 etc. but they all say the same things (quieter, stickier etc).

For my situation, what would you recommend? Also, what sizes can I go up to on stock sport wheels and stock suspension. I think 305's stretch a bit much for me for the stock wheels.

Thanks in advance for any help!!
What exactly are you looking for from your tires? If you are looking for a strictly ultimate grippy, sticky tire, then Hankook R-S3 or Toyo R888. If you want a more all-around tire then Hankook Ventus v12. These are budget-friendly options. Bridgestone and Michelin make great tires but not so budget-friendly. I personally like the R-S3s for their performance-to-cost ratio.
ghotnit is offline   Reply With Quote