View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 07:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
Crash
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 02 Corvette Z06
Crash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shumby View Post
Crash you know you don't really have to live up to your screen name.

Glad you are ok
Thanks. That screen name was definitely earned. I hit a mountain side going to fast through the canyons with my Trans Am. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post
Hey man,
I am very glad you're okay. It looks pretty bad. Did you go to hospital afterward for checking or did you deny any medical necessity?

Good luck with everything. C6s are going for pretty cheap. Maybe we can find you one.
I'm doing ok... Just a gash on the side of my foot. No biggie.

I'm going to buy another C5 Z06. Lots of the C6 guys that C5Zs have been selling their C6s because they're too tame. The C5s have a more raw feeling to them. And honestly, they look better to me. I'll move up to a C6 when I can afford a 2009+ Z06.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerxj17 View Post
sorry to hear about that. what a small world. i was assigned your traffic accident but then a pursuit for a robbery suspect (130+ down woodley in a police car, ******* nuts!!! **** head had two babies in the back in car seats too) came out so i wasnt able to respond. crazy eh?

Obviously, i work in west valley.....
Yeah, actually, the cops that were still on the scene jumped in their car, warned the tow truck driver about the pursuit and then boned out really fast down white oak. They left their cones which are still sitting on the side walk. That's definitely crazy. I saw at least 6 cops in 2 minutes including CHP go through that intersection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koeppelnissan View Post
Sorry to hear about your Vette. I never looked at their crash test ratings, but fiberglass cars never look too good after getting hit! ZR1 next?
Interestingly enough, the car isn't fiberglass. They stopped using fiberglass on the C5s. They use a new material called MPC which is "molded plastic composite"... Although it does seem to break like fiberglass, but it's a lot lighter and easier to fix. (Not like I'm getting this car back anyway. LOL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Zsteve View Post
Sell him a GT-R, Joe! That will cheer him up.
Yeah, actually that would.

By the way here's some daytime shots of the damage: