Thread: Kansas City
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 04:33 PM   #3318 (permalink)
mcconned
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2005 350Z Roadster
mcconned is on a distinguished road

Quick Reminder This event is THIS Sunday. I have also arranged a get together afterwards at Murray's Table and Taps at 12921 State Line Road on the Missouri side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcconned View Post
I know this is early notice but I wanted to give you all plenty of notice to join the Heart of America Z Car Club Sunday, November 2nd from 1 to 4 pm at the Armacost Museum in Grandview, MO.

If you're not familiar with "The Armacost", it is a private automobile collection housed in one of the finest facilities in Kansas City. This is not generally open to the public but is open by special arrangement. I have made that arrangement.

The collection includes everything from a Ferrari F40 to a 1919 Rolls Royce to British sports cars to American muscle cars to turn of the 20th century Harley Davidson motor cycles. Personally, my favorite part is the collection of Studebakers. The Armacost family was a Studebaker dealer in Kansas City for decades. Consequently, they have several.

If you have been there before you might think "Been there. Done that. Seen that." The Armacost collection is quite extensive and more than may be housed here. They cars on display constantly changes. You never know what you will see until you get there!

"The Armacost" has set the following guidelines:
1. No one under 16 allowed.
2. A $5 donation/admittance is required. One Hundred percent of the money collected is donated to a local Grandview charity.
3. No food or drink allowed.

Bringing a camera is STRONGLY encouraged.

More info here:
HOVER MOTOR COMPANY: The Armacost Auto Museum in Grandview is a little-known Kansas City treasure

"The Armacost" is located at :
4200 E 135th St. Grandview, MO 64030

I'll provide you with updates and more details later. More info will be made available at Heart of America Z Car Club or Heart of America Z Car Club on Facebook or my Facebook page.. Dan McConnell

This is an open invitation. Please share with your "responsible" friends, car club, organization, etc.

Thanks in advance,
mcconned is offline   Reply With Quote