View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 01:46 PM   #40 (permalink)
street2soul
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 13 Nismo
street2soul has a reputation beyond reputestreet2soul has a reputation beyond reputestreet2soul has a reputation beyond reputestreet2soul has a reputation beyond reputestreet2soul has a reputation beyond reputestreet2soul has a reputation beyond reputestreet2soul has a reputation beyond reputestreet2soul has a reputation beyond reputestreet2soul has a reputation beyond reputestreet2soul has a reputation beyond reputestreet2soul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicerX View Post
Don't read this as me being confrontational - I'm genuinely curious, because my line of thinking was different from what you've said. How is rev-matching bad for the clutch?

Reason I ask is because I always felt that rev matching would be better for clutch life because you would have more friction on the clutch without rev matching to get the engine speed to match the drivetrain speed.

The other piece of it is this - the way to save gas driving a manual is clutching into neutral and braking when you need to stop. Coast as much as possible. In the Z, for example, with SRM turned on, if you employ a lot of shifting into neutral, you will use more gas because the car will temporarily hold the revs (using the throttle) until the SRM system recognizes you're leaving the car in neutral. In this case, it's better to leave the system turned off. In any other scenario, it's apples and oranges.
bingo
street2soul is offline   Reply With Quote