View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 08:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
370zHawaii
Enthusiast Member

Drives: A Starship
370zHawaii is on a distinguished road
Default The Headlights...Quick Story need Advice and Opinions

Hi all members and 370z fans alike. So here is the run down. I browse craigslist from time to time, seeing if anyone getting rid of something useful for a good price locally. I hate waiting for shipping as most do, and dealing with people online can sometimes be frustrating. Ok BOT, I found a set of 2010 370z Headlights with only 8k miles. The asking price was $100, which I thought was a good deal. So I emailed the guy inquiring about the HL. I got a response to call so I did. He was very polite and told me they are just taking up space in his garage, and have been sitting there for 4 years. (I had a similar scenario with a set of Mistu HLs a while ago)

So I ask him how much he was asking for the set, and he told me $75!!! I thought he was going to say $100 like the ad but he obviously just wants to clean out his garage. He also stated that one of the tabs on one of the headlights is broken. Other than that they are sealed and in excellent condition. Posting pics for your review.

I need your advice, opinions and insight. I want to say this is a GREAT DEAL! What do you guys/gals think? I know new headlights cost around $6 to 800 USD depending on location, and used can go for $2 to 400.

Here is what I plan on doing with them. I have my stock headlights in good condition considering the car was not garaged or the previous owner did not take good care of the exterior but still good. I want to modify these or the stock ones. My Z is my DD and I could still use her with a spare set of HL.

Which set should I invest to get modified? Should I do it myself or send it to a pro? What would you do and would you buy them? Could I still use the one with the broken tab? Thanks in advance (mods I don't know if this is the appropriate section to post this thread, my apologies if it is not).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hl1.jpg (282.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg hl2.jpg (294.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg hl3.jpg (347.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg hl4.jpg (259.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg hl5.jpg (288.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg hl6.jpg (330.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg hl7.jpg (265.6 KB, 12 views)
370zHawaii is offline   Reply With Quote