View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 05:00 PM   #35 (permalink)
DOOMMONKEY777
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 6psd-sport-pkg
DOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond reputeDOOMMONKEY777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aszyd View Post
The words, they make no sense.

Please elaborate, because I can recount numerous times that my car has dipped below 2K. My daily cruise to work, when I pop it into neutral coming off on an off-ramp, sitting in traffic, etc. I never turn synchro-rev off because I am a pansy who can't heal-toe.

The only way I could see it using less fuel is if you are a master of the manual transmission and can get every downshift perfect. I'm sure there are people out there who can do it. Depending on the type of person reviewing the car, they either loved s-rev, or hated it, because they were better at it than the ECU.

To rev that quickly in all situations, it must have to dump quite a bit of fuel into the cylinders.
ok let me explain this to all of u. It is all on the driver on how far he/she likes to put their throttle down, but wile in S-mode it is fixed that the rpms dont go lover than 2000 for example: to an idle of base 650rpm, nismos 700rpm wile S-mode is off. idleing at 2000 rpms means u burn 14.7:1 A/F ratio @ 2000 rpm wile in S-mode rather than base 650rpm, nismos 700rpm wile S-mode is off.

Just for the record i dont drive with S-Mode i just know how it functions and i dont hate it just never found my self using it.

P.S. this car is tuned from the factory to give 14.7:1 a/f ratio till 3200rpm, wich causes torque loss in low rpms, after uprev tune i found it that the engine has much better response when u start 13.7:1 a/f ratio @ 2000rpm.

Last edited by DOOMMONKEY777; 10-27-2014 at 05:10 PM.
DOOMMONKEY777 is offline   Reply With Quote