View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 09:59 AM   #357 (permalink)
nomodsjk
Premium Member

Drives: 2011 370z MB/7at
nomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond repute

So I have a really funny story for all of us with a sense of humor... So Saturday I hosted a car show for charity. All went well and we raised a fair amount of money for the school for autistic children. Since my friend and I were the ones who put this together we decided to do the judging. We had 8 different trophies for different categories. During the show we collected people's contact info for various reasons including future shows. This is where I learned that an email address would have sufficed. When it came time to announce the winners in the different categories we huddled everyone together, announced the awards and raffle winners along with the total amount of money donated. Afterwards we shook hands and thanked all the people for coming and those who helped in whatever way, this is where I got a dose of my own medicine lol! There was an award for best domestic and it was really close between a 87 camaro and an 68 barracuda but ultimately we chose the barracuda. The owner of the camaro hung back for a few minutes so I walked over to thank him for coming and to shake his hand. This is when I quickly realized he was really butt hurt about not getting the award in his category. He asked "so who in the hell did the judging" lol (sound familiar?) I told him it was me and my friend and it was really close. So I got about 20 min down the road after leaving and I get a call from the same guy asking "did you guys have an award for best paint? I responded yes and click! The phone hung up. Yesterday I had no less than 20 missed calls from this guy and today I got a text from the manager of pep boy's (where we had the show) saying the same guy had a long and weird conversation with him asking why he didn't win an award and asking him if he could give him my friend's contact info so he could call and talk to him about it! Lmao! I'm just so glad we don't have a page on the interwebs he could go to in order to publicly cry about this ordeal! Life definitely is not without a sense of humor. I figured I had to share this story with you guys because I thought others would find it as hilarious as I did.
nomodsjk is offline   Reply With Quote