View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 08:51 AM   #3786 (permalink)
RBfastback
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 13 370z Nismo PW
RBfastback is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone here into firearms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meulen View Post
We used to do a tactical pistol competition at our club every year. Local PD vs members. Cops never won! LOL

Getting closer to buying a new piece to conceal. Having a hard time deciding between Springfield XDs, Kahr P9, and M&P shield. I've got a guy that built my AR leaning me toward the M&P and doing a trigger job on it. Kinda worried about doing that for a concealed piece though, given the legal issues.

first of all DONT do a trigger job on any ccw, aside from it not being as safe it's mostly a legal thing. (I would search modding a carry gun legality)

don't get the XDs if u want 9mm it was designed for .45 and the 45 version is real small for a .45. (lighter then the 9mm) it's why the xds was created, them they made it work as a 9 after. for round count weight and size it's a sh!**y 9mm compared to others.

there's a bunch of info on that if u search for it.

if u compare the xd's in 9mm to others it's not the best option, but if u want the .45 it stands out and sets itself apart.

I kinda liked the kahr pm9 but for the money it cost an when it comes to reliability it can be picky with ammo u feed it.

when it comes to my life and what weapon I'll trust with it for me it's either the Xd line or glock.
just don't get that new Glock 42 it's absolutely a FAIL....

let me say this before I say me next sentence, I do like some American guns company's and model's. (mostly for rifles).
an no offense but a lot (not all) of the older generations or cops always lean towards 911, s&w, beretta or metal frame handguns and still will not trust glocks for being the most reliable and simple. just because there stubborn.
NOT ALL PEOPLE

also I don't want a hammer an my ccw

just do some more searching before u buy and as long as u are confident with it that's all that matters because chances are u will never use it aside from in a range
( also a good point as that u would want whatever u pick to be fun to shoot regularly at the range an not too small or snappy on an uncomfortable way)

nutnfancy is always a good source of info when it comes to this stuff!

Last edited by RBfastback; 10-25-2014 at 08:55 AM.
RBfastback is offline   Reply With Quote