View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 10:33 AM   #19 (permalink)
mts
Base Member

Drives: Porsche 911
mts has a spectacular aura aboutmts has a spectacular aura aboutmts has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bshields22 View Post
Wow thanks guys for so much input! I reached out to an organization called Speedventures who host track days all over CA. They took a look at the "roll protection" (lol) the 370Z Roadster has and they allow it.

All I plan I doing is installing a Stillen Intake and Exhaust. Hopefully the little extra boost in HP helps overcome the weight gain.

Lets hope I don't fall in love with the new Z coming out soon more then then 370
The group I typically run with let's me drive my Z Roadster with the top down on the track. At 5'11 I can pass the broomstick test with the factory roll hoops. The only real mods I have are a Stillen Gen3 intake and a Fast Intentions exhaust. I also have high temp brake fluid/clutch fluid and swap out brake pads.

As others have said the roadster is a bit of a porker and you can definitely feel the heft when you are out on the track. That being said it's still great fun. I've owned dedicated track cars in the past, but only use the Z at the track once or twice a year. Even then I am probably only driving 6/10th's most of the time. For that purpose the Z Roadster works fine. I have the top down on the street 90% of the time so the fact that she's a bit fat on the track makes little difference to me.
mts is offline   Reply With Quote