View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 09:29 AM   #166 (permalink)
6MT-Z34
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: PW Z
6MT-Z34 is a glorious beacon of light6MT-Z34 is a glorious beacon of light6MT-Z34 is a glorious beacon of light6MT-Z34 is a glorious beacon of light6MT-Z34 is a glorious beacon of light6MT-Z34 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
I'm posting in here against my better judgement but here goes. For the record, bitch and flame away as I still don't give a ****.

A 50-100 test by all standard practices are all met from the same car in the same gear at the same 50mph rolling speed. Rolling through 50 is not the way THAT test is done. If you do that then it starts from whatever speed you punched the gas so it would be 30-100 which makes the 50-100 test invalid.

Consistency is paramount.

Also note, the reason they (and I mean the people who test high-hp cars day in and day out with this test) start in 5th gear is to eliminate the need to shift becasuse shift points vary between drivers and you get inconsistent results. You want real results? Everyone starts in a gear that can be held through 100mph, such as 4th. No shifting. Start at a 50mph roll in 4th and punch it. Test completes at 100mph.

Now, if we aren't testing the car's true 50-100 times and instead making a half-assed attempt at testing the highway street racing times because you wanted to know how fast we would be compared to a Subie or Evo then anyone here suggesting you"get there as fast as possible" should probably be shown the ******* door as you are promoting street racing. People die doing stupid **** and this is another thread promoting stupid ****. Either take your **** to the track or

I think I've hit my limit on stupid for the day.
100%