Thread: Is it bad ?
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 12:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
avitech
Base Member

Drives: 82Mercedes-Benz300SD
avitech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chan Chee Hoe View Post
Nope,only Nissan in U.S. market got T.P.S. as standard.
Thank GOD we did! Driving in the States is like trying to play hopscotch in a minefield. Most motorists are totally inept, incompetent, and or ignorant of what safe driving is. I would have to say 99.99% of the motorists out there never do pre-flight checks before driving off. Meaning they NEVER stop to check their tire pressure, oil level, coolant level, brake fluid level, power steering fluid level, windshield wash level, spare tire pressure, etc.

I have been driving since year 2000 which isn't a long time. In my 9 years of driving history I have seen hundreds of thousands of under inflated tires. I have seen people driving on their rims with the tires smoking on a Honda CRV at 75 mph! I have seen several half ton pickup trucks and SUVs with tire blowouts on the Freeway after driving several miles on an under inflated tire. It is simply not safe. I probably should have been dead by now.

I have left dozens of notes already on parked cars with under inflated tires. Especially on one occasion on I15 between Vegas and Orange County there was a black Ford Mustang with a nearly flat tire on the drivers side. Parked at a McDonalds parking lot. If I didn't leave that note, guaranteed that driver would have had a tire blowout that day. It would have been nasty.

But even with TPMS it is still not fool proof. Motorists will still ignore them just like the oil pressure lights and a temperature gauge showing an engine overheat condition. They ignore them because they are ignorant of them. Their minds are clouded with other things like sex, work, school, and entertainment.

It would be nice to drive some kind of armored vehicle. It's too dangerous out there. I am sharing the road with so many motorists that simply are not very bright.
avitech is offline   Reply With Quote