View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 03:50 PM   #329 (permalink)
1slow370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: v8 74 260z ;)
1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelidat View Post
i am sure your overall mod list is crazy and $$$

Wondering if there were certain parts other than the main bolt-ons (CBE, LTHs, etc.) that seemed to be the best for some gains without going completely crazy.

You mentioned head gaskets as something to do along with the cams, do they make enough of difference to make that combo worth it?
if yours are blown yes, my gaskets had to get replaced so I had the cams done while it was open. I'm very much a break it and build it better kind of guy. The main ones for power were in order pretty much the intake setup, the drysump, the cams, the headers. Once you start pushing it NA everything needs to be balanced, like the manifold lost peak power (picked up 13 in the midrange) until we put the cams and headers on and then it made more because the exhaust couldn't keep up. At this point it is kind of a package deal.
Answers (correct) - - - - - - - - - - $12.50
1slow370 is offline   Reply With Quote