View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 11:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Zdom
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z Tour
Zdom is on a distinguished road
Talking Clay Bar Virgin - cherry popped

Ok, I know most of you wont’ believe this but due to the forums information, I have clay bared a vehicle (my Z) for the first time in my life. I had never heard of this until reading it on the forum. It’s not like I have never washed and waxed my cars, boats, motorcycles, etc. over my 30 years of driving, I guess I never really researched on how to properly detail a vehicle other than on the back of the wax container.

What a difference it makes! I was amazed at how rough a finish is and then how smooth it can be. I did several hours of research on the internet while stuck at my in-laws over the holiday week and decided when I got home to strip the carnauba wax off the Z and start again with a synthetic product.

Though I encountered a lot of opinions about which product is the best, easiest, longest lasting, etc. I probably chose the less popular choice of Turtle Wax Ice products. There seemed to be some negativity toward the Ice products, but I liked the ease of availability and the idea of how it could be used on black plastic w/out leaving a white chalk residue. Well for a very beginner detailer, I thought the products were easy to use and I liked the results, a mirror like finish. It was nice not having to worry about getting wax on the black surfaces, it seemed to shine them as well.

I look forward to further researching and learning how to use more “professional” detailing methods and products since the results of what I have done w/just the cheap-o “off the shelf” products were far superior to my previous naive wash and wax lifestyle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010033.JPG (720.6 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg P1010042.JPG (747.1 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg P1010034.JPG (744.3 KB, 59 views)
Zdom is offline   Reply With Quote