Thread: Oddity with 7AT
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 11:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Forrest
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z Blk 6mt sprt
Forrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannibul View Post
Driving the other day, I noticed that the 7AT, while in "D", will shift into a higher gear and maintain a lower RPM than if you're in manual-mode and push the +...

For example, you can be driving in manual mode, with your RPM at just under 2K. Either bump the + paddle, or push up on the gear selector, and it doesn't shift. Push it over to D, and it shifts.

Obviously, there's some extra economy-based programming going on there!

I've also noticed that my Z, in D, seems to be pretty aggressive about keeping RPMS low...moreso than I'd expect - even to the point of thinking "why didn't it downshift there"...

It was times like the above driving session that has me thinking, yeah, I should have gotten the 6MT instead, but, most of the time it's not in the way...
I noticed this with my auto 350z. 5th gear in auto mode and 5th gear in Manual mode both had different RPM.s In auto mdoe 5th gear was lower rpm by a little bit than Manual mode.

I assumed auto mode has a gas saver technique which i was kind of greatfull for.
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote