View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 04:52 PM   #122 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
Well I ordered some Carillo rods yesterday to join my CP 10:1 I have sitting around, and I located a HR engine (good bye VVEL) in florida that meets my specs for a good price... so far it looks like I will be turning it up a notch with the Z. We will still see though. I figured I should have the parts ready to go, I can still sell them for my cost or higher (surely having things ready to ship is worth a few bucks versus having to wait 4+ weeks for 10:1 CPs) if I bail out.

Still have to figure out a clutch though. I tried to contact RPS about their carbon race clutches but they havent responded. I have to find someone to work with that can build a VQ clutch that can handle some serious power.

I also have to talk to Haltech about what they can do for the 370z... with VVEL gone I can run any standalone, but I would prefer something that works with the CAN.

OH, and I am pulling my Greddy kit over the next couple weeks.. it is for sale! If I keep the car its getting much larger turbos, if I dont keep it, I obviously have no use for the Greddy kit anymore! I am working on getting a fresh set of manifolds for the Greddy kit right now since I am sure by now one of the manifolds is cracked.
Charles, I have used a Sachs twin plate solid clutch for 15 years in my 540hp (atfw) alloy V8 race engine with zero problems, and have also used a Tilton in the past with good results.

Haltech have announced their Elite series ECU which might be worth considering given it is CAN capable. Motec is top-shelf but expensive - I was on the cusp of giving the Motec research centre my car here in Melbourne back in May, but had to spend a few weeks in hospital for some remedial surgery and I've just not managed to get back to it.
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote