View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 01:54 PM   #563 (permalink)
Nismo350z#310
Base Member

Drives: 700BHP TT Nismo 350z
Nismo350z#310 is on a distinguished road

After reading more of this thread, I feel like I am fortunate to have received my TT kit and supplemental parts and received it in 3 months time. The car Gods must have been looking out for me big time.

I called Sam about every week after the first month about my parts. Maybe that helped.

I've also learned that the best way to do business with GTM is to just order parts and have the install somewhere else. It seems everyone who takes their car there ends up waiting year(s).

But then I am also reading about the "group buys" that have been screwed over. Thank Goodness I didnt get screwed over to that extent.

I will say the fitment of the TT kit has left much to be desired and it seems they almost just got a kit "close" to release and then just said screw it and just released it. The fitment cost me $x,xxx alone in extra labor and $xxx in parts to fix the problems, and much of my own time fabbing and modifying the kit. I had to shave the universal steering coupler included in the kit because the turbo was grinding again the steering coupler. And there is still contact under load. I am having to install poly engine mounts to see if that fixes it. There is a rattle at low rpms because something else in the kit doesnt fit quite right. Several other parts did not fit quite right but I am willing to overlook the rest.

Not only this, but it has also creating a high idle code and problem. I was told it was a flaw in the pre-throttle piping. (I was suppose to have received a "newer" version and I think i did?) Either way it has creating an idle problem that has been partially corrected through tune, but not completely. There is also an issue with airflow low in the RPMs under load at full WOT.

The power is great. (See my sig. Stage 2 TT tuner kit) The engine bay appearance is beautiful. But all those shiny bells and whistles mean nothing if the overall driving experience is degraded and the number of issues it has has made my TT experience not as I would have wanted.

Had I do it over again, I would have waiting on Greddy's or AAM's newer kits.

Last edited by Nismo350z#310; 10-23-2014 at 08:14 AM.