View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 10:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Juan@Fontana
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Z32
Juan@Fontana has a reputation beyond reputeJuan@Fontana has a reputation beyond reputeJuan@Fontana has a reputation beyond reputeJuan@Fontana has a reputation beyond reputeJuan@Fontana has a reputation beyond reputeJuan@Fontana has a reputation beyond reputeJuan@Fontana has a reputation beyond reputeJuan@Fontana has a reputation beyond reputeJuan@Fontana has a reputation beyond reputeJuan@Fontana has a reputation beyond reputeJuan@Fontana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerz View Post
Boiling the fluid never even occured to me because i have never had that issue with the stock setup. That does make sense though..the feedline to the tilto CSC it to short IMHO. I have a Z1 Ss line i might be able to throw in if the banjo bolt will seal around the female potion of the line conection. I have the line heat wrapped already but, more is better
it's a common misconception. Rubber does not retain or handle heat anywhere near as much as rubber does. the OE line is wrapped with some heat shielding and the OE cats have a pretty gnarly heat shield around them so it's rare to boil over the fluid on the OEM line I've personally never seen it happen. (CSC seal will rupture before that happens)

the SS line can withstand more heat and the nature of stainless steel it also retains much more heat which in turn is absorbed by the fluid. also if you have test pipes or HFC's they no longer have any of the factory shielding so that will add to the boiling over factor. temperature control is very important every time we install a SS clutch Line we make sure to wrap the lines in DEI gold reflective wrap and use a few feed of header wrap around the testpipes / hfc portion that is near the fluid to keep the clutch fluid happy.
Juan@Fontana is offline   Reply With Quote