View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 09:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
OldFart
Track Member

Drives: 2011 Wannabe Nismo
OldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond reputeOldFart has a reputation beyond repute
Default No power after battery replacement... Brain Fart - Resolved...

I tell ya, old age is a bitch, no lights in storage and it's overcast so not much light - figured I'd go over one more time and check that fusible link, again it looked ok, took a look at negative terminal, I had forgotten to remove the protective cap being that it was black - removed cap, hooked it all up and I got to hear the sweet sound of my Z again...

Almost done with all my projects, during this I believe I had accidently left the stereo on while working on the car and drained the battery. No biggie, when I'm ready to fire up the car figured I'd get a new one.

Put a new battery in this morning, put on negative, go to put on positive side and figured I'd get a little spark with all the electronics in car - nothing.

Tighten up the connections and dead as a door nail, no lights, again nothing. I looked at the fusible link at the positive terminal and that looked ok, anything else to look for? Hoping the new battery just isn't dead also...

Did do a search but mostly getting hits with keyfobs and resets.

Last edited by OldFart; 10-22-2014 at 10:06 AM.
OldFart is offline   Reply With Quote