Thread: Oddity with 7AT
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 08:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oddity with 7AT

Driving the other day, I noticed that the 7AT, while in "D", will shift into a higher gear and maintain a lower RPM than if you're in manual-mode and push the +...

For example, you can be driving in manual mode, with your RPM at just under 2K. Either bump the + paddle, or push up on the gear selector, and it doesn't shift. Push it over to D, and it shifts.

Obviously, there's some extra economy-based programming going on there!

I've also noticed that my Z, in D, seems to be pretty aggressive about keeping RPMS low...moreso than I'd expect - even to the point of thinking "why didn't it downshift there"...

It was times like the above driving session that has me thinking, yeah, I should have gotten the 6MT instead, but, most of the time it's not in the way...
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote