View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 08:38 AM   #25 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abakja1 View Post
just read this thread again as I will need to do this mod soon and have some ideas to save some money... So chime in if more experienced mechanics/DIY'ers disagree..

1. I would take off 1 at a time and remount, but wouldn't it be easier to remove each oem stud using a hammer and punch to "push" them out?

2. Using the access hole, you can punch the new studs back in.

3. I agree using anti-sieze on the spacers so they dont stick and on the studs as well..

Let me know as I plan to do this when weather gets better during a weekend... Turkey cooking and BF shopping had me busy this weekend..
I think you'll have a hard time doing it that way. While you can use a punch, the method shown is meant to preserve the parts witout distorting the studs or messing up threads.

On putting them in, it take quite a bit of force. there's not much swinging room back there. Pulling them in with the impact is the best way.

Many do not recommend antiseize of lug threads

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote