View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 07:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Went half way through the video but motortrend has a slow upload so i gave up watching.

My original theory was that if a camaro SS is faster than 370z on a track, the track must be large and have more straights than it does corners. After watching it indeed has many straights were power is king.

You also notice the Lotus Elise, maybe the best handling car on that page is beaten by a camaro ss. This kind of told me what kind of track it was before i even looked at the videos.

You can also notice that the list is kind of organized by the cars with the most power to the ones with the least power, yet again pointing out what type of track it is.
Motor Trend needs to come to Lime Rock to do track testing. That track was just wrong.