View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 06:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Crash
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 02 Corvette Z06
Crash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default My Z06 just got totaled. :(

Well, the title says it all. I was coming home from a night out at the bars and stuff... It was actually a good night. I met up with some friends, and we had a ****ing good time.

Anyway, 2:10am, I'm heading through the White Oak / Victory intersection and I see a cross over heading very fast from the left, not stopping. I slammed my breaks, but it was too late. I got hit from the side. We're not sure if she was asleep at the wheel, but she had no idea what happened.

Well, she didn't have a license, but somehow she had insurance. Have no idea if it's real or not, but she was crying and I was staying as calm as possible. Cops asked me if I'd been drinking, I said yeah, but after the field sobriety tests and the breathalyser, I passed with flying colors.

So, the damage is total. The entire front end of my car is tweaked off to the right side of the car by about 2-3 inches. Frame is totally tweaked. The driver's side front wheel was only being held on by the steering rack and sway bar; control arms and a-arms were snapped completely. Both air-bags deployed which is interesting cause I didn't even see it happen, but noticed it when I was trying to get out of the car. (Smelled like the car was on fire thanks to the air bags...) And the driver's side door is completely off the frame, could only open the door by the inside. Not sure what the outside panel is hanging on by.

OK... Time for the pics:

Damage to her Toyota: