View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 09:19 PM   #172 (permalink)
Skyscraper
Base Member

Drives: 09 Touring Sport 6mt
Skyscraper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
I don't want to derail a tech thread such as this much further, but don't let the warranty stop you. I have 100K mile aftermarket warranty, and I've got a few mods including a tune. Almost everything that's actually broken on my Z hasn't been covered by Nissan (CMC, rear diff bushing, idle issues). None of that stuff was related to mods, and multiple dealers never said a word about any of the mods except as a compliment. I DIY most everything that's gone wrong and even replaced my CSC as a preventative measure when my CMC failed. The dealer did a headliner replacement for me under warranty, but that's it. If you really think it will be a problem, then your compromise is to put the OEM stuff back on before you take it in for warranty service
Yeah, keeping the oem parts is a good call. I'm still new with the car, only had her for 5 months, so I'm gonna chip away at the mods after making sure I know what I want. Getting ready to have the CSC replaced since I'm getting clutch pedal stickiness, different engage point when cold and a rattling vibration in the pedal Luckily my warranty covers it, oddly enough, not the headliner. Definitely, gonna swap out my pedal assembly as well after that's done.
Skyscraper is offline   Reply With Quote