View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 04:51 AM   #64 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute

VERY informative journal. I was going to give you two thumbs up but the fact that you're a fan of Dwight Shrute, I give you three of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrute View Post
I've had a buzz/rattle that's been bothering me pretty much since the car was new. At first I thought it was coming from the crossbar in the rear, but to find out for sure I asked the wife to ride back there in the hatch (just for a mile or so, lol) and she found that is was coming from the headliner, just in front of the hatch and just a little to the right of the centerline of the car. She's a good sport, isn't she? No pics of her riding back there, I know my limits.
wow.. that's crazy! If she is willing to ride in the trunk for you, she's keeper!

Quote:
2nd Oil Change was done on 10/17/09 at 3807 miles.

This time I switched to Redline 5W30 after reading many posts about oil on this forum.

I also added the Magnetic Oil Pan Drain Bolt and Filter Mag from AK's DIY Oil Change thread. AK's put a lot of work into this forum - thanks man!
You're welcome. I'm glad the DIY helped you during your oil change.

Quote:
I don't like the "egg yolk" look from the stock turn signal bulbs in the tail lights so I got these bulbs from Amazon. Finally got around to putting them in tonight.

Stock bulb

No more egg yolk

This is DEF next on my DIY list. thanks.

Quote:
I changed the oil at 1300 miles to get the break-in oil out and fresh oil in. A new engine will shed more metal in the first 1000 miles than it will for the next tens of thousands of miles, or so I've read. Getting that material out was the goal.

The next oil change at 3800 miles had more to do with installing the magnetic oil pan drain bolt and filter magnet recommended in AK's Oil Change DIY than any other reason, I just didn't want to wait to install them. Also at that time I made the switch from Mobil 1 to Redline oil. I'll probably do the next change at 7500 miles and every 3750 or so after that. I like clean oil, and changing it myself is somthing I enjoy doing - not a chore.
You're correct Shrute. When you have low miles, it's a good idea to change the oil more frequently. You can decrease the interval as you rack up more miles. I think I was told by Blackstone lab to keep the oil change less than 6000 miles for now and increase it as I put more miles.

Again, great journal. Thanks for all your contributions.
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.