View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 09:59 AM   #122 (permalink)
V1H
Base Member

Drives: 2013 370Z-TT GT Edt
V1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond reputeV1H has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko86 View Post
As for downpipe/cat upgrades, i read a lot about that and most people will tell you that downpipes/cats or TPs will decrease boost on the stock pulleys/impellers.
I have just installed this kit, i am running stock headers, berk HFCs, Motordyne XYZ Pipe and Tanabe Exhaust, so pretty much everything except for headers.
I am seeing 8psi on the dyno and 9psi on the road, so i consider this to be a myth.
Hi niko86, Im curious. Stillen told me the headers would cause a boost loss and lean AFR whereas HFCs would not take the elevated temps.
I still have my Berk HFCs in the box (purchased them recently). I loved the idea of better flow, an extra O2 wideband bung (coz i wanna get an AFR gauge too) and spiced up exhaust note. But now I'm tempted to return them to Z1 Motorsports because of Stillen's advise. I was wondering how your Berks affect your kit. If it's really the temerature stress I guess you wont be able to tell yet since your kit is still faily new. Well, good luck with it i hope they last you long.

Last edited by V1H; 10-20-2014 at 10:02 AM.
V1H is offline   Reply With Quote