View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 09:28 AM   #74 (permalink)
juld0zer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z MB M6
juld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond repute

cleaning the throttle bodies and performing the 3 relearns did not cure my random significant drop in throttle response. Like replacing all the VVT seals and o-rings, it cured a different annoying problem - sagging idle when stationary.
After cleaning and relearning, my idle throttle position is 0* according to my Scangauge 2 device. TPS voltage is about 0.55V according to Cipher. Before it would idle around 3*/0.6ish volts. So that tells me the throttle plate was probably held slightly open by carbon build up. So not a complete waste of effort. Glad to sign off on that one. I'll probably set myself a 1.5-2 year cleaning interval for the throttle bodies.

At this point, i have no choice but to delve deeper into the workings of the VVEL system to try and resolve this ongoing issue. With no local dealer support or technical experience, i am left to battle this alone. i might make a few phone calls to some Z workshops in the US to pick their brains
juld0zer is offline   Reply With Quote