View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 03:14 AM   #29 (permalink)
niko86
Base Member

Drives: MY05 350Z, MY10 370Z
niko86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerocool View Post
awesome! Definitely want too see those dyno numbers
Thanks!
i'm on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego@vossen View Post
Nicely done.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano13 View Post
Great build details

Looking forward to the SC dyno pulls
Thanks!

Well, i did do some tuning, finished up fuelling, pulled a lot of ignition timing to be safe, smoothed everything out.
She made 402 to the wheels with just 13 degrees of timing (stock would be around 25-30 degrees at WOT), we were about to start with the timing maps and power runs when desaster struck..
Well, not really a desaster, but a major inconvience..

My friend got into the car, wanted to change some settings in UpRev and flash her again.
He hit "Flash Rom" and got out of the car, after 2 minutes it was still not done flashing, so he took a look and noticed, that he had pulled the cable out of the OBD2 port..

Resulting in a bricked ECU, it does not even know the part number anymore.
We called UpRev, they walked us through the recovery steps, which did not work..
So now the ECU is on its way to Austin/TX, to be rewritten by UpRev.
Should be there by monday and back by friday..

Luckily the Guys at the dynoshop did not need the dyno for the next week, so i could just let her sit on the rollers.
This is how i left her:

Looks like pretty bad luck, Omar@UpRev told me if something like this happens, 9 out of 10 times you can just re-flash the partially flashed ECU, and we just hit the 1 out of 10 times where you need to bench flash it..

I am a bit bummed about this, but on the other hand, i guess having 402 rwhp with barely any timing looks pretty promising
niko86 is offline   Reply With Quote