View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 12:29 AM   #79 (permalink)
aszyd
Track Member

Drives: Magma Red 370z T+S
aszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond repute

Time for an update!

The noise got the best of me. My car was just way too loud for a DD. I would get negative comments every day from people at work. So I made a change and added a Dynomax VT muffler between the FI LTH and Tomei mid pipe.

I don't have any pics, but I was able to combine the two 2.5" pipes from the Tomei with the Dynomax 17964 muffler and sandwich it all in there. It took some muscle to get it all lined up, but I eventually got it all bolted together. I'm sure a proper exhaust shop could do a better job, if they cut it up a bit and welded some flanges on. I've gotta pick up some exhaust tape to seal up the connection points, aka leaks.

The sound is completely different than what I was used to with the Tomei. Gone is the high pitched "chainsaw". It has been replaced with a low rumble. During normal driving, it's a little louder than the stock exhaust, IMO, with almost no drone. Spirited driving brings out the sound a little more, since the valve opens and it changes to a more straight through design, but it's still quiet in comparison.

Hopefully this will be the last time I make any major modifications to the exhaust.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17964.jpg (18.9 KB, 402 views)
aszyd is offline   Reply With Quote