Thread: Radar detector
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 06:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
jaybulls
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '13 TOUR/6/FI CF/RC
jaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond reputejaybulls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
Do police use mainly radar or laser guns over here? As I feel a radar detector equipped car is pointless once hit with a laser gun.

I brought my trusty Snooper S5 radar detector from the UK and it detects K , X, Ka and Ku bands. Just need to locate a windshield mount as I have seemed to lost it. Or perhaps use velcro?
mr. brit---i'm not a fan of mirror mounts as i feel there is already way too many blind-spots inherent in the design re. windows and mirrors in our beloved zeds...

my very, very cheap solution to my install of the 9500ix was $6.00 on amazon for a sticky-slab mount that rides/sides right along my right most gauge on the dash. the input is on "the wrong side" of the cord butt, the spiral cord wraps itself very nicely around the clock, snuggly, and i've never had an issue with the unit coming loose from the mount...

admittedly, i'm not sure, for sure, if'n it's reading front-to-back, butt, ironically, perhaps, having the radar detector has seemed to slow me down as i don't, in fact, know if it's working...

can't beat six bucks and priceless better views thou...

cheerio, mate
jaybulls is offline   Reply With Quote