View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 08:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
DWS44
Base Member

Drives: 17 Vette Grand Sport
DWS44 has a reputation beyond reputeDWS44 has a reputation beyond reputeDWS44 has a reputation beyond reputeDWS44 has a reputation beyond reputeDWS44 has a reputation beyond reputeDWS44 has a reputation beyond reputeDWS44 has a reputation beyond reputeDWS44 has a reputation beyond reputeDWS44 has a reputation beyond reputeDWS44 has a reputation beyond reputeDWS44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvl View Post
I also treat with Ragtop so water tends to bead nicely.

- b
I'm thoroughly confused by the RaggTopp product. I never used anything on my 2010, but recently heard about this stuff. Saw a lot of great reviews/recommendations and decided to try in on the 2013 I just picked up. Watched several how-to videos and followed all the directions. Cleaned the top with the cleaner and soft brush...rinsed completely and let air-dry overnight. Next afternoon, I applied three coats, each coat I let dry in the sun 10-15 minutes, then pulled back in the shade to apply the next coat. Top looked great, though I had to spend the next hour trying to get the "easy to remove" overspray off my windows. (If I ever use the stuff again, I'll mask the whole frickin car next time). I was cool with all the effort as long as it worked well, but then I was shocked that a week later when I hit the car with the hose to wash it, the top soaked in water just like I'd never applied anything to it. No beading at all. WTF? All that work for nothing?

From all the glowing reviews, I can only assume I did something wrong, but I'm at a loss as to what.

EDIT...Apologies to the OP...this probably wasnt the best place for the rant...guess seeing the product mentioned kindled my frustration. For drying, I've always tended to wash mine in the evening, so I just let the top air dry overnight, rather than trying to dry it with anything. Also, the lint roller mentioned above is a must-have for getting rid of the "fuzzies"! They make a "giant" size that works great: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Evercare-T...oller/21002446

Last edited by DWS44; 10-18-2014 at 08:36 AM.
DWS44 is offline   Reply With Quote