View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 12:26 AM   #71 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh. I've not had time and patience to work on my car, but hopefully it'll be something to do in December.

Anyhow, I've experienced limp mode for the first time yesterday afternoon in this cool weather. I was at the light when the engine died and all the warning indicators lit up. I started it back up, and it idled at 1k with the exhaust being louder than usual. I couldn't rev past 2.5k RPM. Whenever I shifted the RPMs dropped quick making it difficult to engage smoothly. S-Mode was still functional, and it could rev the engine past 2.5k. Pressing the pedal had no effect until the revs dipped below 2.5k. I was already nearing the gym so I parked my car and left it alone for a few minutes. When I got out to start it up again, it was fine.

What's interesting here is that there's no CEL, weather was around 70F, oil temps around 160-180F, and I was on a fresh tank of gas. This happened without warning other than the "lack" of power issue. Well it seems like the throttle is opening up more, and I'm able to get it to start boosting around 2k RPM. I currently have the boost controller dailed back to wastegate pressure of about 6 PSI. I was able to easily get it to hit 6 PSI at WOT in 2nd to 4k-5k RPM. Plus, it was easier to get boost at half throttle.

Who knows... I just need down time and several days worth of free time to pull stuff apart and get to cleaning. I'm seriously wondering of the crank angle sensor is on its way out as some owners experienced.

Last edited by DIGItonium; 10-18-2014 at 12:29 AM.
DIGItonium is offline   Reply With Quote