View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 11:20 AM   #64 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Yea I can see the throttle refusing to open enough causing the car to bog a bit at low RPM when getting in 1st and reverse. That definitely happens when things are too hot. Are the throttles refusing to open up because oil temps aren't warm enough? I notice this quite a bit when it's too cold or too warm, or after restarting. When it's just right (160-190F) I can get the car to open up.

At least one member talked about the ECU keeping the throttle from maxing out under 2k RPM. That's why I wonder why there's more power if I get on it or rev higher in 1st (versus taking of slow), then more throttle in the rest of the gears.

Could it be my driving habits? I'm pretty light on the throttle so I wonder if "eco-mode" has anything to do with it. All I know is when the foot is on the floor even at 4k RPM the throttle better be fully open, but it doesn't seem like it. But I do notice a difference in response if I floor it under 2k RPM versus above 3k RPM.

There's lots to do... just needing some time off to get around to dropping the bumper and doing some maintenance stuff.