View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 10:53 AM   #35 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juld0zer View Post
it can be done but it's one of those 'you might aswell do it' things. Do it right the first time around. the FSM does specify greasing the mating face when replacing axles.

if you dont want to take the axles out, you can remove the big nut and push the axle out as far as it will go then use a brush or similar tool to apply the grease. it's very fiddly due to space constraints and u cannot clean out the existing crud and corrosion unless you remove the axles.

set aside an afternoon and that should be enough time
This is exactly what I figured Maybe in November I will have an afternoon to work on it. I'm half tempted to replace the CV joints completely.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote